So, I have decided, after seeing Cait Drews version of the link-up on her blog, to jump on board on this 2014 End of the Year Book Survey in which I will be answering many delicious questions about books/book blogs and the like! So I shall get started right away, because it is most definitely going to be a very very full post!
2014 Reading Stats:
Number of books I read: Wellllllll. Lets just say I failed my Goodreads Challenge…This year was not a reading year for me >.< School always gets in the way. I only read 36 books this year. *sniff sniff* Okay, well I have read more, but I just got lazy with adding them to my read shelf…but I still don’t think I reached my 50 book goal anyways Oh well! Always next year and I still loved the books I got to read!
Number of Re-Reads: I read The Follower by C.F Barrows 5 times this year people! And I only bought the book in February of this year. I would well be past my Goodreads challenge if Goodreads counted Re-Reads…
Genre I Read The Most From: Okay, Okay so I just went through my Goodreads to figure this all out and it seems that the Fantasy Genre won out with me reading 10 from that genre. Just cause I wrote up this list I’ll tell you how many books from each genre I read.
YA Dystopian- 9
Historical Fiction- 7
YA Contemporary- 7
YA Fiction- 3
Best In Books:
1. Best Book You Read In 2014? (If have to cheat break it down by genre if you want)
Oh my goodness. Ummmmmmm… I would probably have to say ‘How I Kissed Dating Goodbye’ by Joshua Harris. (Non-Fiction) Probably the best book I read this year 🙂
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I really didn’t like it but was so sure I would…
3. Most Surprising (in a good or bad way) Book You Read in 2014?
Rising by Holly Kelly. Really, the only reason I got it was because it was free. I wasn’t expecting much and oh my goodness, I was surprised!! It’s amazing!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (and they did) In 2014?
It’s Complicated by Laura L. Smith. I always tell people to read her books 😛
5. Best Series You Started In 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
6. Favourite New Author You Discovered in 2014?
Holly Kelly is by far my favourite author I discovered this year 🙂 Her books are amazing! So happy I discovered her books! 😀
7. Best Book From A Genre You Don’t Typically Read/Was Out Of Your Comfort Zone?
Once again, Non-Fiction is making an appearance here, but the book ‘Fighter: Five keys to Conquering Fear and Reaching Your Dreams’ by rapper Christopher Greenwood of Manafest was probably the best book I read that I don’t typically read. I don’t read much Non-Fiction and this one was absolutely perfect.
8. Most Action-Packed/Thrilling/Unputdownable Book Of The Year?
Descending by Holly Kelly was definitely unputdownable for me! I even read it twice! (Lots of re-reads this year you guys. Like seriously!) It is such an amazing book and definitely had trouble putting it down!
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Ummmm let me see…Probably either Seeing Through Stones by Rajdeep Paulus OR Swept To Sea by Heather Manning. I really can’t decide. I will probably re-read both…
10. Favourite Cover of A Book You Read In 2014?
Ohhhh. I have so many favourite covers! But I LOVED the cover for Descending by Holly Kelly! Such a beautiful cover!
11. Most Memorable Character of 2014?
AHHHH! Why torture me with such a horrid question???? I really can’t pick…..Too many options *sobs* I really can’t pick between my babies and I shall not pick!
12. Most Beautifully Written Book Read in 2014?
Seeing Through Stones by Rajdeep Paulus is most definitely my favourite book published this year and probably the most beautifully written for sure! Such an amazing story.
13. Most Thoughts- Provoking/Life-Changing Book of 2014?
To Save A Life by Jim and Rachel Britts without a doubt. This was definitely the most Life Changing book I have ever read! ( Fighter by Christopher Greenwood as a close second) So amazing.
14. Book You Can’t Believe You Waited UNTIL 2014 To Read?
Ummm…The Maze Runner! Definitely that. I had actually heard of it a couple years ago, but I only just read the entire series and I wish I read it a lot sooner.
15. Favourite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
Ummmm. I really don’t know! I’ve had so many….let me think on this for a moment….
Oh I know! I find that Minho comes to me speaking such amazing words of encouragement that really helps me get through life and that would definitely be this lovely quote: “Be careful. Don’t Die.’
Haha…okay so I’m kidding but I really can’t think of a quote. It was that one about or this:
So take your pick….
16. Shortest and Longest Books You Read In 2014?
The longest book I read was Becoming The Chateran that was 499 pages (according to Goodreads anyways. I don’t remember it being that long…)
and the Shortest book I read was ‘Skinny’ by Laura L. Smith that was 169 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most?
Oh boy…I really don’t know. I wasn’t really overly shocked by any books per say….
18. OTP Of The Year
What??? More torture? Really?! Not fair… I have so many ships! I don’t even know if I cna really pick my OTP of the year….I’m stuck between three of my favourite ships!
I can’t decide so I will just tell you all three of my ships instead! (Yeah, yeah. Totally cheated.)
-Xanthus and Sara (From Rising by Holly Kelly)
-Kyros and Gretchen (From Descending by Holly Kelly)
and Sheth and Yannah (From The Follower by C.F Barrows)
19. Favourite Non-Romantic Relationship of The Year
Umm…Did I even read any novels with Non-Romantic Relationships this year?? Haha kidding….of course I did. Ugh. Just wayyyyyyy too many to pick from! Probably the friendship between Siobhan and Owen in The Story of Owen by E.K Johnston. (a.k.a my ship that never could have existed)
20. Favourite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You Read Previously
It’s Addicting By Laura L. Smith!!
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That you Read SOLELY Based On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure?
Oh! Oh! Oh! That would definitely by Waterfall ( River of Time Book #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren. My best friend and fellow blogger, Natalie Noel suggested I read it and so I did and LOVED it!
22. Newest Fictional Crush From A Book You Read In 2014?
Newt from The Maze Runner!!
23. Best 2014 Debut Novel You Read?
Swept To Sea by Heather Manning! By far the best debut novel!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Oh my…I’ll probably say ‘Swept To Sea’ by Heather Manning again 😛
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most Fun To Read?
Oh boy, I’m not really sure about that one…
26. Book That Made You Cry or Nearly Cry in 2014?
I sobbed when reading To Save A Life. I don’t usually cry when reading books….
27. Hidden Gem of The Year?
A hidden jem? How about all the books I read???? Haha. Seriously though, I don’t really know about that….I feel a LOT of constant repeats of the same novels here…but yeah, I really don’t know.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
The Death Cure by James Dashner seriously crushed my soul! Oh my giddy goodness DX So much crushed feels.
29. Most Unique Book You Read in 2014?
Black by Ted Dekker was definitely interesting! Like Mah gosh!
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad? (Doesn’t Mean You Didn’t Like It)
I know book that made me mad because I didn’t like it….All I’m going to say is its initials are: TFiOS
1. Favourite Review That You Wrote In 2014?
My favourite review I wrote this year was probably my review of Becoming The Chateran by S.J Aisling
You can read it HERE
2. Best Discussion/Non-Review Post You Had On Your Blog?
Probably one of my blog tags/linkups….
3. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Probably when Holly Kelly commented on my book review of Rising (in an E-mag I write in) and also a comment on the review from the author on her other book ‘Descending’ on my blog! That made me so very happy!
4. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (Whether by views or comments)?
My most popular post (comment wise) was my Character Interview with my NaNoWriMo Character Claire. (You can check it out HERE)
5. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I’m really not even sure to be honest! I have a lot of blog love already! So I don’t really know!
So, thats my post! Hope you liked it!
Until Next Time!